Reaffirming the Writing Workshop - Sheryl Lain

I didn't post when I initially read this article. There were just too many important points that took my brain in too many directions to focus on the workshop as a whole then. Now I can step back and look at it more objectively with experience from our workshop.

The major points that struck me in Lain's article were time, use of the notebook and ownership. Time and ownership are discussed in other articles, but there is not much about using a notebook. I'd definitely appreciate any resources further defining the use of a notebook as a writing tool.

2 comments:

  1. I am like you and need time away from the article. I have been very pleased with my use of the notebook with middle school students. Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The concept of ownership is an interesting way to say how important student choice and the opportunity to publish are in terms of getting students to buy in to the importance of writing.

    ReplyDelete